Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Home made ice cream

The old saying: "I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream" on the fourth of July since both my adult children were home we made it a special celebration as my son was leaving the next day to embark on his new move to Seattle and we were also having a late birthday celebration for my husband ( he wanted to wait till both kids were home) instead of a birthday cake ( as he is not a cake type person) we decided to have banana splits and I love to make home made ice cream with my new Cuisinart ice cream maker so i made some salted caramel ice cream it was delicious! I usually just make simple vanilla but I came across the recipe and thought I would give it a whirl. I like when you try something for the first time and it comes out like it is supposed to.

with a little faith trust and pixie dust

1 comment:

  1. I totally need to find out how to make my own ice cream! In my house, everyone loves it. I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I'm making a point to visit you much more often! Hope all is well with you, dear friend.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete